Senior Living in Bensenville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bensenville, IL: 60106
- Bensenville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bensenville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital-northlake, Alexian Brothers Medical Center, and Elmhurst Memorial Hospital.
- There are 329 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oasis Senior Living LP, Bridgeway Senior Living, and Bridgeway of Bensenville.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1934 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 244 golf courses in or around the city, including White Pines Golf Course(East Course at White Pines Golf Course ), Maple Meadows Golf Course(Eighteen Hole Course at Maple Meadows Golf Course ), and Salt Creek Golf Club(Executive Blue Course at Salt Creek Golf Club ).
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Wilder Park, Elk Grove Park Dist, and Ned Brown Preserve.
- There are 602 churches in or near the city, including St Bede\'s Episcopal Church, St Charles Borromeo, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 726 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 42 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 391 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,104, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,345, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,156, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bensenville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bensenville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bensenville has a dense population density of 2,265.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bensenville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bensenville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.08%.