Senior Living in Benson, Illinois
Top zip codes in Benson, IL: 61516
- Benson scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Benson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Advocate Eureka Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Health-Minonk, Apostolic Christian Home, and El Paso Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Snag Creek Golf Course, El Paso Golf Club, and Fairlakes Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (El Paso Parks and Recreation).
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including St Peter Lutheran Church, St Paul Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.99% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,660, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,813, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,823, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,140 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benson receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Benson has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Benson has a very sparse population density of 22.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benson have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Benson has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.93%.