Senior Living in Benson, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Benson, NC: 27504
- Benson scores significantly lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Benson scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Betsy Johnson Regional Hospital, Good Hope Hospital, and Johnston Memorial Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Liberty Commons Nursing and Rehab of Johnston County, Unprecedented Care, and Oakview Common.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Reedy Creek Golf Course, Sandy Ridge Country Club, and Chicora Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Clarence Lee Tart Memorial Park, Dunn Recreation Department, and Erwin Recreation Department.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Banner Chapel Advent Christian, Benson Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Free Will Baptist Ch.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,495, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,412, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,738, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,650 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.53%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benson receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Benson has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Benson has a sparse population density of 161.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Benson has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.70%.