Senior Living in Bentley, Michigan
Top zip codes in Bentley, MI: 48613
- Bentley scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Bentley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Saint Mary\'s Standish Community Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Abet Adult Foster Care Home, MediLodge of Sterling, and Saint Mary\'s Standish Hospital.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Hills Golf Course, Pine River Golf Course, and East/North Course at Maple Leaf Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Outdoor Adventures, Saginaw Bay Resort, River View Campground & Canoe Livery - Rifle River, and Rifle River Campground & Canoe Livery.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Abundant Life Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,125, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,021, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,423, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.19%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bentley receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bentley has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bentley has a very sparse population density of 19.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bentley have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bentley has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.25%.