Senior Living in Benton, Arkansas
- Benton scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Benton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Saline Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benton Residential Care Center, Stoneybrook Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Arkansas Health Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Longhills Golf Course, Trace Creek Country Club, and Lakeview Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Bernard Holland Park, Tyndall Park, and I-30 Travel Park.
- There are 54 churches in or near the city, including Parkview United Methodist Chr, First Lutheran Church, and Spring Creek Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,730, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,679, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,124, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,635 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,726 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Benton has a sparse population density of 237.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Benton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.92%.