Senior Living in Benton City, Washington
Top zip codes in Benton City, WA: 99320
- Benton City scores significantly higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Benton City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kadlec Regional Medical Center and Lourdes Counseling Center).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pioneer Adult Family Home, Life Care Center of Richland, and Legacy Homes and Tranquility Manors.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including West Richland Municipal Golf, Columbia Point Golf Course, and Meadow Springs Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Beach RV Park, Horn Rapids County Park, and Brookstone Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Calvary Assembly of God.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,637, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,176, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,609, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,843 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton City receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton City has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Benton City has a very sparse population density of 66.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton City have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Benton City has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.56%.