Senior Living in Benton, Illinois
Top zip codes in Benton, IL: 62812
- Benton scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Benton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Franklin Hospital and United Mine Workers Union Hosp).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Helia Healthcare of Benton, Fifth Season Residential of Benton , and Stonebridge Senior Living Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Franklin County Country Club, Rend Lake Golf Course(West/South Course at Rend Lake Golf Course ), and Jansco\'s Stardust Golf & Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Benton KOA, Natural Resources Department, and South Marchum Campround.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, First Church of Nazarene, and Logan Church of God.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,117, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,339, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,011, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.98%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Benton has a sparse population density of 117.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton have a short daily commute time.
- Benton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.74%.