Senior Living in Benton, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Benton, LA: 71006
- Benton scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Benton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Willis Knighton Bossier Health Center and Christus Schumpert Bossier).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Court Health and Rehabilitation Center, Brookdale Bossier City, and Evergreen Life Services of Louisiana.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Palmetto Country Club, Barksdale AFB Golf Course, and Golf Club at StoneBridge.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bodcau shooting range, Maplewood Park, and Bodcau Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Elizabeth Baptist Church, Believers Assembly of God Worship Center, and Cypress Baptist Day Care.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,621, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,004, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,483, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,100 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,955 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,250 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Benton has a very sparse population density of 59.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Benton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.63%.