Senior Living in Benton, Missouri
Top zip codes in Benton, MO: 63736
- Benton scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Benton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Missouri Delta Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunshine Villa, Chaffee Nursing Center, and Bertrand Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Sikeston Country Club, Bootheel Golf Club, and Cape Girardeau Jc Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Tywappity Conservation Land, Scott City Park, and Horseshoe Lake State Conservation Area.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Lighthouse United, Arbor General Baptist Prsng, and Morehouse Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.23% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,419, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,368, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,433, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,870 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,980 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,051 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.38%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Benton has a very sparse population density of 49.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton have an average daily commute time.
- Benton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.85%.