Senior Living in Benton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Benton, PA: 17814
- Benton scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Benton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bonham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Millville Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Orangeville Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course, and Willow Run Inn & Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Grassmere Park Campgrounds, Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort, and Red Rock Mountain Campground.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Christ the King Church, Benton United Methodist, and Benton Christian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,886, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,684, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,858, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Benton has a very sparse population density of 35.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton have a long daily commute time.
- Benton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.23%.