Senior Living in Benton Ridge, Ohio
Top zip codes in Benton Ridge, OH: 45816
- Benton Ridge scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Benton Ridge scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Blanchard Valley Hospital, Blanchard Valley Health Assn, and Bluffton Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Legacy Village of St. Catherine\'s, Fox Run Manor, and Sunrise of Findlay.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Shady Acres Golf Course, Oak Mallett Golf Club, and Findlay Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Litzenberg Memorial Woods, Twin Lakes Park, and Eagle Creek Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Churches of God Gen Conference, Tabernacle Church of Christ, and Green E David.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,753, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,798, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,893, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benton Ridge receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Benton Ridge has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Benton Ridge has an average population density of 1,094.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benton Ridge have a very long daily commute time.
- Benton Ridge has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.04%.