Senior Living in Berea, Ohio
Top zip codes in Berea, OH: 44017
- Berea scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Berea scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southwest General Health Center, St John Medical Center, and Parma Community General Hospital.
- There are 129 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aristocrat Berea Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Northwestern Healthcare Center, and Southern Hills Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 527 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 129 golf courses in or around the city, including Links Golf Course, Riverside Golf Club, and Springvale Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Sunset Memorial Park, Rocky River Nature Center, and Rocky River Reservation.
- There are 273 churches in or near the city, including St Adalbert Church, Berea Baptist-Garbc, and St Mary\'s Church of Berea.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 307 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 131 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,635, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,069, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,321, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.44%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berea receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berea has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Berea has a dense population density of 3,087.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berea have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Berea has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.76%.