Senior Living in Berger, Missouri
Top zip codes in Berger, MO: 63014
- Berger scores significantly higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Berger scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hermann Area District Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New Haven Care Center, Victorian Place of Hermann, Residential Care by Americare, and Frene Valley Of Hermann-A Stonebridge Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Warrenton Golf Course, Country Lake Golf Club, and Loutre Shores Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Deutschheim State Historic Site, Little Lost Creek Conservation Area, and Daniel Boone Conservation Area.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Assumption Catholic Church, and Holy Family Parish-Port Hudson.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,677, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,250, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,630, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,040 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $69,350 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,131 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berger receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berger has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Berger has a very sparse population density of 20.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berger have an average daily commute time.
- Berger has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.04%.