Senior Living in Berkey, Ohio
Top zip codes in Berkey, OH: 43504
- Berkey scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Berkey scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Flower Hospital, Mercy St Anne Hospital, and Focus Healthcare Of Ohio.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunset Village, Serenity Gardens of Sylvania, and Kingston Care Center of Sylvania.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 205 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Sylvania Country Club, Cottonwood Executive Course at Spuyten Duyval Golf Club, and Highland Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Toledo Memorial Park, Camp Miakonda, Erie Shores Council, Boy Scouts of America, and Toledo Botanical Garden.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Church, Boulevard Church of Christ, and Truscott A Dale.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 75 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,401, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,958, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,445, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,060 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,554 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berkey receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Berkey has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Berkey has a very sparse population density of 71.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berkey have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Berkey has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.36%.