Senior Living in Berkley, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Berkley, MA: 02779
- Berkley scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Berkley scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Morton Hospital & Medical Center, Taunton State Hospital, and Dr J Corrigan Mental Hlth Ctr.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dighton Nursing Center, Sisters of St Dorothy, and Longmeadow of Taunton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 232 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 141 golf courses in or around the city, including John F. Parker Municipal Golf Course, Segregansett Country Club, and Poquoy Brook Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Dighton Rock State Park, Freetown Fall River State Forest, and Massasoit State Park.
- There are 74 churches in or near the city, including Christ Community Church, Winthrop Street Baptist Church, and Episcopal Church of St Thomas.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 76 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,076, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,094, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,206, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.09%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berkley receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Berkley has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Berkley has a sparse population density of 388.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berkley have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Berkley has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.64%.