Senior Living in Berlin Center, Ohio
Top zip codes in Berlin Center, OH: 44401
- Berlin Center scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Berlin Center scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Salem Community Hospital).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grace Woods Senior Living of Salem, Crandall Medical Center, and Auburn Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Meander Golf Course, Lakeside Golf Course, and Dogwood Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lakeside Golf Course and Country Acres Campground).
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including Berlin Center Methodist, Berlin Center United Methodist, and North Benton United Presby.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,244, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,571, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,727, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,929 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.97%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berlin Center receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Berlin Center has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Berlin Center has a very sparse population density of 89.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berlin Center have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Berlin Center has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.67%.