Senior Living in Berlin, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Berlin, CT: 06037
- Berlin scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Berlin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 128 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ledgecrest Health Care, Andrew House, and Worthington Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 535 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Shuttle Meadow Country Club, Timberlin Golf Club, and Pistol Creek Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Wadsworth falls State Park. and Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum).
- There are 301 churches in or near the city, including Prince-Peace Lutheran Church, St Paul\'s Church, and Kensington Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 376 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 163 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,369, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $86,202, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,921, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.20%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berlin receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Berlin has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Berlin has an average population density of 730.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berlin have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Berlin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.34%.