Senior Living in Berlin, Maryland
Top zip codes in Berlin, MD: 21811
- Berlin scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Berlin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Atlantic General Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gull Creek Senior Living Community, Berlin Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Guiding Hands Assisted Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (44% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Bay Club, The -East, Creek Club, and Beach Club Golf Links, The -Inner Links.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Island Resort Family Campground & R.V. Park, Frontier Town OC, and Eagle\'s Landing Golf Course.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Church of God of Prophecy, Lighthouse Church of God, and Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,571, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,965, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,885, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,230 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,135 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,604 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berlin receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Berlin has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Berlin has a sparse population density of 224.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berlin have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Berlin has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.76%.