Senior Living in Berlin, New York
Top zip codes in Berlin, NY: 12022
- Berlin scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Berlin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, and Laurel Ridge Senior Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Taconic Golf Club, Waubeeka Golf Links, and Skyline Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Cherry Plain State Park, Taconic Golf Club, and Dyken Pond Environmental Center.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Shiloh Assembly of God, First Cong Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.95% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,751, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,583, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,753, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berlin receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Berlin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Berlin has a very sparse population density of 28.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berlin have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Berlin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.62%.