Senior Living in Berlin, Ohio
Top zip codes in Berlin, OH: 44610
- Berlin scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Berlin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Joel Pomerene Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Walnut Hills, Scenic Pointe Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Majora Lane Center for Rehab and Nursing care, Inc..
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Fire Ridge Golf Course, Black Diamond Golf Course, and Sugarcreek Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Evergreen Park RV Resort Ltd, Wilderness Center Inc, and Foxfield Preserve Nature Cemetery.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Welcome Church of Christ, Graven Richard A, and Salvation Army Millersburg Service.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,378, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,180, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $11,534, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berlin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berlin has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Berlin has an average population density of 1,477.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berlin have a very short daily commute time.
- Berlin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 62.57%.