Senior Living in Berlin, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Berlin, WI: 54923
- Berlin scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Berlin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Berlin Memorial Hospital, Ripon Med Ctr, and Ripon Medical Center.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Patriot Place Rcac, American House of Berlin, and Juliette Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Mascoutin Golf Club (Blue/Red Course at Mascoutin Golf Club), Lawsonia Golf Course (Links Course at Lawsonia Golf Course), and Lawsonia Golf Course (Woodlands Course at Lawsonia Golf Course).
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Eureka Dam Campsite and Green Lake Campground).
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Catholic Parish, All Saints Parish, and Federated Church of Green Lake.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,079, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,095, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,311, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.21%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berlin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Berlin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Berlin has a very sparse population density of 64.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berlin have a short daily commute time.
- Berlin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.24%.