Senior Living in Bernard, Maine
Top zip codes in Bernard, ME: 04612
- Bernard scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Bernard scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mount Desert Island Hospital and Mount Desert Island Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Sonogee Rehabilitation and Living Center and Island Nursing Home and Care Center)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (41% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Causeway Club, Northeast Harbor Golf Club, and Kebo Valley Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Quietside Campground, Long Barn @Smuggler\'s Den Campground, and Asticou Azalea Garden.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Parsonage Church of Joy, Advent Christian Church, and First Light Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,670, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,685, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.54%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bernard receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bernard has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bernard has a sparse population density of 107.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bernard have a very short daily commute time.
- Bernard has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.98%.