Senior Living in Bernardsville, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Bernardsville, NJ: 07924
- Bernardsville scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Bernardsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Morristown Memorial Hospital, Runnells Specialized Hospital, and Greystone Park Psych Hospital.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridge Oak III, Ridge Oak Senior Housing, and Alcott Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 419 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 131 golf courses in or around the city, including Somerset Hills Country Club, Forest Course at Fiddler\'s Elbow Country Club, and Coakley-Russo Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Natirar Park, Morristown National Historical Park, and Willowwood Arboretum.
- There are 226 churches in or near the city, including St John On the Mountain, St Bernard\'s Episcopal Church, and Bernardsville United Meth Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 222 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 183 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $194,540, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $122,153, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $66,961, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bernardsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bernardsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bernardsville has an average population density of 622.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bernardsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bernardsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.83%.