Senior Living in Bernhards Bay, New York
Top zip codes in Bernhards Bay, NY: 13028
- Bernhards Bay scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Bernhards Bay scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Atwood, Rogers Senior Apartments, and The Cottages at Garden Grove.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including North Shore Golf Course, Greenview Country Club -Greenvalley, and McConnellsville Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Whispering Woods Campground, Up Country family campground, and Bass Lake Resort.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Wood Neil C, St Patricks Parish Ctr, and Abundant Life Cmnty Chr-camden.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,535, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,081, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,597, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.07%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bernhards Bay receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bernhards Bay has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bernhards Bay has a very sparse population density of 72.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bernhards Bay have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bernhards Bay has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.00%.