Senior Living in Bernie, Missouri
Top zip codes in Bernie, MO: 63822
- Bernie scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Bernie scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Missouri Southern Healthcare).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Winchester Place, Inc., Golden LivingCenter-Malden, and Malden Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Malden Municipal Golf Course, Malden Country Club, and Hidden Trails Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Otter Slough Conservation Area, Morris State Park, and Boon Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including 1St Oneness Pentecostal Church, River of Life Worship Center, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,595, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,364, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,335, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.84%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bernie receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bernie has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bernie has a very sparse population density of 43.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bernie have a short daily commute time.
- Bernie has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.28%.