Senior Living in Bernville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bernville, PA: 19506
- Bernville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bernville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Wernersville State Hospital and St Joseph Medical Center).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Berks Leisure Living, Phoebe Berks Village, and Berks Heim Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Heidelberg Country Club, Green Acres Golf Club, and Willow Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Appalachian RV Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Conrad Weiser Homestead.
- There are 87 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s United Ch of Christ, St Thomas United Church-Christ, and Zion Blue Mountain United Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 68 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,811, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,618, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,708, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.89%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bernville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bernville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bernville has a sparse population density of 108.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bernville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bernville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.54%.