Senior Living in Berrien Center, Michigan
Top zip codes in Berrien Center, MI: 49102
- Berrien Center scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Berrien Center scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Borgess-lee Memorial Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ferny\'s Home, Oak Crest Foster Care Home, and Flo\'s Family Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Pipestone Creek Golf Course, Classic Hampshire Course at Hampshire Country Club, and Spruce Ridge.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Love Creek Nature Center, Bear Cave RV Campground, and Fernwood Botanical Garden and Nature Preserve.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Eau Claire Comm United Chr, Grace Lutheran Church, and Eau Claire Sda Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,751, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,066, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,227, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $31,050 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,155 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.21%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berrien Center receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berrien Center has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Berrien Center has a sparse population density of 101.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berrien Center have an average daily commute time.
- Berrien Center has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.50%.