Senior Living in Berrysburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Berrysburg, PA: 17005
- Berrysburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Berrysburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Manor at Susquehanna Village, and Polk Personal Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Susquehanna Valley Country Club, and Sunny Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, and Fort Halifax Park.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ Lykens, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Giving Light Christian Fllwshp.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,855, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,125, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,133, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berrysburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berrysburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Berrysburg has an average population density of 646.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berrysburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Berrysburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.14%.