Senior Living in Berryville, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Berryville, AR: 72616
- Berryville scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Berryville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St John\'s Hospital-berryville and Eureka Springs Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Hill, Holly House Assisted Living, and Brighton Ridge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Carroll County Country Club, Island Course at Holiday Island Country Club, and Oakridge Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Kings River Outfitters, Shepherd\'s Inn Retreat Center, and Kettle Campground.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, First Church of Nazarene, and Reorganized Church of Jesus.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,112, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,169, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,610, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,750 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,138 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,347 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.38%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berryville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Berryville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Berryville has a very sparse population density of 49.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berryville have a very short daily commute time.
- Berryville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.39%.