Senior Living in Berthoud, Colorado
Top zip codes in Berthoud, CO: 80513
- Berthoud scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Berthoud scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Longmont United Hospital, Mckee Medical Center, and Medical Center Of The Rockies.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Berthoud Living Center, Appleleaf Assisted Living, and Good Samaritan Society - Loveland Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Mariana Butte Golf Course, Fox Hill Country Club, and Sunset Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Stephen Day Park, Kensington Park, and Devil\'s Backbone Open Space.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including Unity Center of Longmont, Grace Place, and Berthoud Family Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 52 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,869, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,340, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,426 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,250 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berthoud receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Berthoud has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Berthoud has a sparse population density of 156.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berthoud have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Berthoud has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.21%.