Senior Living in Berwick, Maine
Top zip codes in Berwick, ME: 03901
- Berwick scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Berwick scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wentworth-douglass Hospital, Henrietta D Goodall Hospital, and Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple St Complex, Meadow View Manor, and Varney Crossing Nursing Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at Outlook, The, Sunningdale Golf Club, and Cochecho Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park, Garrison Hill Park, and Grandview Campground.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Church, Family Christian Ctr, and Bethel Church of God.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,483, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,139, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,558, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berwick receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Berwick has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Berwick has a sparse population density of 192.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berwick have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Berwick has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.54%.