Senior Living in Berwick, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Berwick, PA: 18603
- Berwick scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Berwick scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Berwick Hospital Center, Clear Brook Lodge, and Bloomsburg Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Berwick Hospital Center, Rosewood Apartments, and Elmcroft of Berwick.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Berwick Golf Club, Willow Run Inn & Golf Course, and Arnold\'s Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Council Cup Campground, Whispering Pines Camping Estates, and Moyers Grove Campground.
- There are 58 churches in or near the city, including Christ Episcopal Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and Limbaugh Jr Glenn C.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,205, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,081, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,607, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.01%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berwick receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berwick has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Berwick has a sparse population density of 374.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berwick have a very short daily commute time.
- Berwick has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.45%.