Senior Living in Berwyn, Illinois
Top zip codes in Berwyn, IL: 60402
- Berwyn scores significantly lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Berwyn scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 60 hospitals within close range of the city, including Macneal Hospital, Riveredge Hospital, and Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- There are 326 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mac Neal Memorial Hospital, Courtyard Healthcare Center, and Alden Town Manor Rehab and Hcc.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2557 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 235 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverside Golf Club, Columbus Park Golf Course, and Flag Creek Golf Course.
- There are 42 parks near the city center, including Oak Park Conservatory, Columbus Park, and La Grange Park.
- There are 998 churches in or near the city, including St Mary of Celle Church, Ukrainian Baptist Church, and Oak Park Avenue Baptist Church.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1127 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 76 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 519 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,096, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,080, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,934, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.96%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Berwyn receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Berwyn has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Berwyn has a very dense population density of 12,037.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Berwyn have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Berwyn has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.60%.