Senior Living in Bessemer, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bessemer, PA: 16112
- Bessemer scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bessemer scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center, Surgical Hospital At Southwoods, and Jameson Memorial Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Masternick Memorial Health Care Center, Hampton Woods , and The Blackburn Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 210 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 95 golf courses in or around the city, including Mohawk Trails Golf Club, Reserve Run Golf Course, and Fonderlac Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bob Cene Park, Boardman Park, and Cascade Park.
- There are 108 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Church of Brethren, Zion Lutheran Church, and St John Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 66 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,041, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,941, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,902, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bessemer receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bessemer has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bessemer has a sparse population density of 233.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bessemer have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bessemer has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.27%.