Senior Living in Bethalto, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bethalto, IL: 62010
- Bethalto scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bethalto scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alton Memorial Hospital, Saint Anthony\'s Health Center, and Alton Mental Health Center.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethalto Care Center, Vip Manor, and Alton Rehab and Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Cloverleaf Golf Course, Alton Municipal Golf Course, and Rock Spring Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Roxana Community Park, Rock Springs Park, and Fox Creek Golf Course.
- There are 93 churches in or near the city, including Concordia Lutheran Church, First Southern Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Bethalto.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,458, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,823, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,847, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethalto receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethalto has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Bethalto has an average population density of 506.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethalto have an average daily commute time.
- Bethalto has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.77%.