Senior Living in Bethany, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bethany, IL: 61914
- Bethany scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bethany scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aspen Creek of Sullivan, Titus Manor at Wyman Park, and Sullivan Rehab and Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Creek Resort, Sullivan Country Club, and Moweaqua Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Spitler Woods State Park, Sullivan Marina & Campground, and Mt Zion Park Foundation.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Assembly, First Baptist Church, and Our Lady of the Holy Spirit.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,388, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,276, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,073, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethany receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethany has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bethany has a very sparse population density of 32.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethany have an average daily commute time.
- Bethany has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.40%.