Senior Living in Bethany, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Bethany, WV: 26032
- Bethany scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Bethany scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ohio Valley Medical Center and Wheeling Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Anns Country Retreat, Valley Haven Geriatric Center, and Brightwood Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Highland Spring Golf Course, Indian Run Golf Club, and Dogwood Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area, Brooke Hills Park, and Bear Rock Lakes Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 75 churches in or near the city, including Bethany Memorial Christian Ch, West Liberty Christian Church, and Riverview Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $136,132, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,813, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,500 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.20%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethany receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethany has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bethany has a sparse population density of 103.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethany have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bethany has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.47%.