Senior Living in Bethel, New York
Top zip codes in Bethel, NY: 12720
- Bethel scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Bethel scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Catskill Regional Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F, and John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (44% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Island Glen Country Club, Swan Lake Golf & Country Club, and Villa Roma Resort.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park and Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River).
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Acts 1:8 Church, O\'Rourke James, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,915, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,031, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,306, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethel receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethel has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bethel has a very sparse population density of 13.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethel have a very short daily commute time.
- Bethel has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.