Senior Living in Bethel, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bethel, OH: 45106
- Bethel scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bethel scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Brown County Hospital and Mercy Hospital Clermont).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morris Nursing Home, Bethel Woods Elderly Complex, and Locust Ridge Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Friendly Meadows Golf Course, Buttermilk Falls Golf Course, and Lakewood Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Burke Park, East Fork State Park, and East Fork Wilderness Area.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Northside Baptist Church, Bethel Baptist Church, and St Mary Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,476, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,238, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,089, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,320 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,455 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethel receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethel has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Bethel has a sparse population density of 164.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethel have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bethel has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.24%.