Senior Living in Bethel, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bethel, PA: 19507
- Bethel scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bethel scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rile\'s Home - Aide Haven, StoneRidge Retirement Living, and StoneRidge Popular Run.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, Heidelberg Country Club, and Green Acres Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Camp Swatara, Sweet Arrow Lake County Park, and Appalachian RV Campground.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Salem Evangelical Lutheran Chr, Little Swatara Church, and Little Swatara Church-Brethren.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,894, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,658, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,997, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethel receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethel has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bethel has a very sparse population density of 87.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethel have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bethel has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.23%.