Senior Living in Bethel, Vermont
Top zip codes in Bethel, VT: 05032
- Bethel scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Bethel scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gifford Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility, Windover House, and The Homestead Inc..
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including White River Golf Club, Montague Golf Club, and Green Mountain National Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Silver Lake State Park, Lake Champagne Campground, and Gifford Woods State Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Faith Assembly of God, United Church of S Royalton, and Journey.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,405, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,102, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,558, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethel receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethel has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bethel has a very sparse population density of 38.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethel have an average daily commute time.
- Bethel has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.14%.