Senior Living in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Bethlehem, NH: 03574
- Bethlehem scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Bethlehem scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Littleton Regional Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Riverglen House of Littleton, Cook Community Residence, and North Country Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Bethlehem Country Club, Maplewood Casino & Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Apple Hill Campground, Beech Hill Campground, and Tarry Ho Campground & Cabins.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation, Bethlehem United Methodist Chr, and Assembly of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,568, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,430, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,446, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bethlehem receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bethlehem has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bethlehem has a very sparse population density of 27.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bethlehem have an average daily commute time.
- Bethlehem has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.69%.