Senior Living in Bettendorf, Iowa
Top zip codes in Bettendorf, IA: 52722
- Bettendorf scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Bettendorf scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Trinity Bettendorf, Genesis Medical Center-davenport, and Genesis Medical Center Illini Campus.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bettendorf Health Care , Palmer Hills, and Bickford of Davenport.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 234 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Hills Golf Course, Palmer Hills Golf Course, and Sunrise Golf Course.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Illiniwek Forest Preserve, Fisherman\'s Corner, and Lindsay Park.
- There are 175 churches in or near the city, including Pleasant View Baptist Church, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 79 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,866, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,577, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,492, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,142 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,970 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,769 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.48%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bettendorf receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bettendorf has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bettendorf has an average population density of 1,309.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bettendorf have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bettendorf has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.33%.