Senior Living in Biddeford, Maine
Top zip codes in Biddeford, ME: 04005
- Biddeford scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Biddeford scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Southern Maine Medical Center).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including York Manor, Southridge Rehabilitation and Living Center, and The Shaw House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Valley Golf Course, Dutch Elm Golf Club, and Cape Arundel Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Ferry Beach State Park, Saco / Old Orchard Beach KOA, and Hid\'n Pines Family Campground.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, St Andre\'s Parish, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,056, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,394, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,790, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.14%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Biddeford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Biddeford has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Biddeford has a sparse population density of 483.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Biddeford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Biddeford has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.36%.