Senior Living in Big Pool, Maryland
Top zip codes in Big Pool, MD: 21711
- Big Pool scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Big Pool scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Filcare Home, War Memorial Hospital, and Williamsport Retirement Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Whitetail Golf Resort, Woods Resort, The (Mountain View Course at Woods Resort, The), and Cacapon Resort State Park.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Indian Springs Wildlife Demonstration Area, Fort Frederick State Park, and Longview Campground.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Potomac Charge United Mthdst, St Peters Lutheran Church, and St Johns United Church-Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,888, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,853, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.16%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Big Pool receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Big Pool has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Big Pool has a very sparse population density of 43.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Big Pool have a long daily commute time.
- Big Pool has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.91%.