Senior Living in Bigelow, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Bigelow, AR: 72016
- Bigelow scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Bigelow scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Perry County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St. Andrews Place, and Brookdale Conway.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Bunker Hill Golf Course, Centennial Valley Golf & Athletic Club, and Conway Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Toad Suck Ferry Damsite Park, Toad Suck Park, and Harris Brake Lake Resort.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Antioch Landmark Missionary, First Baptist Church, and Palarm Chapel Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,856, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,486, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,841, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,635 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,726 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bigelow receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bigelow has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Bigelow has a very sparse population density of 40.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bigelow have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bigelow has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.45%.