Senior Living in Bigelow, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Bigelow, MN: 56117
- Bigelow scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Bigelow scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Osceola Community Hospital, Osceola Community Hospital, and Arnold Memorial Hlth Care Ctr.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South Shore Care Center, Ecumen Meadows , and Golden Horizons.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Prairie View Golf Links, Sibley Golf & Country Club, and Adrian Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Olson Park, Vogt Park, and Ludlow Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (United Church of Christ).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,075, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,748, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.85%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bigelow receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bigelow has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bigelow has a very sparse population density of 15.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bigelow have a short daily commute time.
- Bigelow has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.81%.