Senior Living in Biggs, California
Top zip codes in Biggs, CA: 95917
- Biggs scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Biggs scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Biggs Gridley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orchard Hospital, Larkin Guest Home, and Heritage House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Table Mountain Golf Club, Butte Creek Country Club, and Canyon Oaks Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Upper Butte Basin Wildlife Area, Gray Lodge Wildlife Area, and Oroville Wildlife Area.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and First Southern Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,285, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,532, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,014, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,148 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $37,700 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 23.05%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Biggs receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Biggs has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Biggs has a very sparse population density of 45.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Biggs have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Biggs has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.73%.