Senior Living in Biggsville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Biggsville, IL: 61418
- Biggsville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Biggsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Osf Holy Family Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Schlotzhauer Home, Oakwood Estates Retirement Village, and Oak Lane Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Hend-Co Hills Golf & Country Club, Gibson Woods Golf Course, and Monmouth Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Delabar State Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Faith Bible Church and Catholic Diocese of Peoria).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,691, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,827, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,197, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.52%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Biggsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Biggsville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Biggsville has a very sparse population density of 12.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Biggsville have an average daily commute time.
- Biggsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.27%.