Senior Living in Biglerville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Biglerville, PA: 17307
- Biglerville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Biglerville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Piney Court Apartments, Laurel Care Nursing and Rehab, and Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Founders Course at Penn National Golf Club & Inn, Conocodell Golf Club, and Caledonia Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Michaux State Forest, Caledonia State Park, and Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Brownsville Church of God, and Heritage Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,468, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,198, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,609, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Biglerville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Biglerville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Biglerville has a very sparse population density of 99.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Biglerville have a long daily commute time.
- Biglerville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.51%.